Today is an odd day. On one hand, my best friend who was due two weeks after me had her baby this evening. On the other hand my best friend from childhood, who was due a month after my new due date, had a miscarriage today.
The two events bring up a lot a emotion. I still can't believe that my one friend is a mom. It seems like they just started dating and everything happened so quickly. I can't believe my wild woman of a friend, who would call me on Tuesday mornings to tell me where she passed out last night, is a mom. It's so so weird to me. Right now things are probably tougher because my career isn't exactly booming. I'm a little lost on what direction to take and I haven't made any money the last past two months. Eric is getting stressed and money (despite a trip to Europe) is starting to get tight. Its only compounding the stress.
The friend that had the miscarriage brings up more emotion as well, it reminds me of the sleepless nights, the crying, the sadness, the feeling of emptiness.
As I look at my stomach, I'm glad a little pooch is forming. Despite the feelings of confusion I'm happy that soon I'll know that feeling of being a mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment