One year ago today I went into the hospital for my D&C. I'll never forget that day (although, life would be easier if I did). It changed me as a person and what I know about life but most of all, its made me stronger.
On Thursday (2/26) I remembered at about 5pm that this was the day one year ago I went to the doctor and didn't see a heartbeat. The sadness for that moment was temporary though, as I looked down at my very large belly.
Its crazy where a year will take you. A year ago I knew I'd probably be pregnant again by this point. I had no idea all that it would entail, the bloodwork, the accupunture, the desperation. I know in the grand scheme of things we are lucky. It takes some people much much longer. I also know its made me appreciate things more. Pregnancy has never become a pain for me, more a gift that I was given and trying to take the best possible care of.
I have about 6 weeks left until our little girl is here. I am so excited to meet her, to hold her and to know that my body was capable of nourishing such a beautiful little thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment