Monday, July 8, 2013

On to July....

This weekend we are in Jackson Hole for a wedding. My sore boobs and exhaustion had me fairly convinced I was pregnant. So, on Thursday and Friday night I avoided alcohol, took a nap and skipped on the hot tub.

On Saturday morning I decided to take a pregnancy test. It came back negative. It was the first month that I knew I had ovulated that I got a negative test. While I still held out hope, thinking it was too early to test, I knew what was about to come. And a few hours later it did come, and came in a big way.

So, I had champagne at the wedding and a diet coke the next day at lunch. It was my first time ordering a diet coke since January.

This cycle, I decided to be really strict with myself, no caffeine,  no alcohol, acupuncture once a week, eating oysters and drinking special water at ovulation, drinking fertility tea, eating eggs with omega-3s, adding meat back into my diet and changing my pre-natal.

Eric and I have talked and we decided that this cycle I'm stopping all of that. No more acupuncture or special teas. If I want a diet coke or a starbucks coffee, I'm going to drink it. When I ovulate we aren't rushing around to get oysters or special water.

Once I am finally pregnant, I'll stop the caffeine and alcohol. Until then, I am living life (but still taking my prenatal, of course).

And while I still can't believe we are on month 7 of trying, I have to remember my body has been through a lot. This period is actually my first normal one (not the result of a pregnancy or a crazy cycle) it was 30 days, which is pretty normal for me.

So, I'm hopeful for July.  I've come to grips that I wont be pregnant for any of the weddings we have this year. The baby shower I am hosting for my best friend I know I won't be comforting by the fact that I'm pregnant again too (although I could find out a few days later). 

So, next month, we try again and hope that an April baby is in our future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment