It was the usual "yay we are having a baby" but this one line really rubbed me the wrong way...
We decided in January that we wanted to start a family and,
just weeks later, found out I was pregnant! Honestly, we were a little
surprised (but a LOT happy) that it happened so quickly. Stephen jokes that
it’s because we are classic over achievers :)
Decided in January and then pregnant right away. If only we can all be so lucky. I guess the "we are classic overachievers" is what got me. Like, I'm just always doing better than everyone and this is what it happened to me. We planned for six months and I still misscarried. In another post she told the world they found out on February 12, which is right around the time our baby stopped growing. Ouch, that hurt.
I have a friend who has told me multiple times that they "got pregnant the first month of trying". I know she's proud that her child came easily and luckily she hasn't said this to me post m/c. Even if you do get pregnant in one month isn't their some kind of girl code that you don't talk about it? I mean you never know what the person you are telling this to has gone through and how crappy it might make them feel.
Yesterday, marked one month that I found out about the m/c, tomorrow is one month since the d&c. A whole month has passed and my life has changed. Luckily, I feel a 1000x better then I did one month ago (which isn't saying much considering the deep dark hole I was in).
Right now, I'm at a place where I look forward to being pregnant again but dread the pregnancy announcements that will come while I wait for that to happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment