Monday, April 22, 2013

Pressure.

At this point I can't even keep track of all the people I know expecting babies between September and November this year. I want to say the count is somewhere around 12 or 13. I'm sure more will be coming too.

When we first started talking about wanting to expand our family I knew one person who was pregnant. Now, it seems like everyone had the same idea as us as far as timing which if course hasn't made this an easier but has also added a certain pressure to the whole thing.

When I look on facebook I have three groups of friends, married with kids, single and married without kids. The married without kids group seems to be getting smaller and smaller. I'm only 29 but I wonder if the singles and married without kids are feeling the same pressure I am. If I was single would I be thinking "I really need to get married". For the past three and half years we've really enjoyed our marriage and done lots of great things.

 Im trying to stay relaxed about the whole thing.

On Friday, Im going to allow myself to take a pregnancy test. At this point I have no idea what it will come back as. I think going away to the DR was a great thing for us because we were so relaxed and trying was "fun". I worry though that if we aren't pregnant the pressure will just increase and the fun may quickly go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment