Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Best is Yet to Come

Today, I'm writing from the beautiful Dominican Republic. I thought I'd be here 16 weeks pregnant. I'm obviously not. There are several pregnant women on the trip and I just found out another friend (who is several years younger and hasn't been married a year) is pregnant. Through all this I've still managed to have a really good time.  And although I would give anything to be pregnant right now, it's been nice not to worry about if I can eat something (like is that cheese pasteurized) or not.  Plus I've been able to enjoy some cocktails and relax. And while this is a work trip, it's also made me reflect once again that I'm happy we've been able to do so many things and go so many places before we even started to think about going on this journey.

We're hoping this will be the month and time that we get pregnant again. I've been taking the ovulation sticks every morning and I just find them frustrating. They are hard to read and the lines and I'm honestly not sure if after this month (if we don't get pregnant) that I'll want to use them again. My husband says they make him feel like a piece of meat and I kind of have to agree.

I don't want to become a slave to the stick and I don't want our relationship to become about the stick. Hopefully being relaxed and on vacation is what my body needs and we will get good news at the end of the month. And if not I need to remember that I've been blessed in the path life has taken me so far and that my favorite mantra still rings true, "The Best is Yet to Come."

No comments:

Post a Comment