This past week (well since Wednesday) I have found out that five women I know are pregnant. All of them due around the end of September thru the beginning on November. This five doesn't include my best friend who is also due in October or the other friends I know having babies this summer. I have also had three of my other closest friends give birth in the past five months. Holy batman that's a lot of babies.
On Saturday night I was at dinner with some friends and I ordered a beer. My one friend commented that she was so surprised that it was our other friend and NOT me that was pregnant. Although I don't drink every time, her friend (who I don't know) noticed that at a tea we all went to that I ordered decaf, didn't get the mimosa and skipped the raw salmon on my plate. Of course, I was pregnant then. Actually, I think I probably miscarried on that day or maybe the day before. I just had no idea at that point. Somehow, I held it together at dinner, made some comment about how you can never tell with me because I'm weird about food and drinking and went on my way.
Later that night, after a few glasses of wine, was a completely different story. But, I held it together then.
This week is actually a pretty exciting week. I just finished my first "normal" period and with that we are okay to start trying again. Waiting for this time to come seemed to pass so slowly by but now we are so excited it's finally here (and that it looks like the "go time" should be while we are in the Dominican next week.
As I was telling my husband of yet another friend that's pregnant last night, he said, "I'm ready to have that excitement again too". He is so optimistic and knows I won't be far behind my other friends.
Here's to hoping next week is the time when this journey begins again for us....
No comments:
Post a Comment