Today, I am 5 weeks and 3 days. In June I miscarried at 5 weeks 2 days, so the sight of no blood has me feeling better. I still don't trust my body 100% but my numbers last week doubled and my progesterone was in the 40s. All good things.
For the most part I feel pretty good. I can tell exactly when 8pm hits because I am exhausted. I usually can't fall asleep, but my eyelids starts to sting. I've also been really hungry. Like, I need several snacks a day and finally, I'm so gassy. I wake up in the middle of the night with awful gas pains (I got scared two nights ago thinking it was a cramp). but its literally just the worst gas/constipation ever. Last night, I laid on the bathroom floor because I the cold tile was the only thing that sounded appealing.
Since I have been feeling good, I decided to tell my mom yesterday. She was excited but said she "knew" because I had been in a good mood and my face just looks different. Even though they "knew" my mom had ordered a book on fertility on Friday and was planning on giving it to me this week. I'm so glad that didn't happen. I told my dad that should teach them to mind their own business and he said, "this is our business". I wonder if they would feel differently if they knew about the June mc.
On Friday, I go to my first doctor's appointment. I actually decided to switch practices this time too. It's a decision Eric had been rooting for since the first m/c. The final push was that I called to schedule my 6 week appointment (which I've been told by both the doctor and nurses that I would have) and they didn't have anything available. So, the receptionist called back and said that she talked to my doctor and because the numbers were "so good" that she didn't need to see me until 8 weeks. I wasn't happy with this cop out answer and called another practice that my neighbor and friend go to and got in right away. I know there probably isn't a whole lot the doctor can do this early on, and that we might not even be able to see anything but it made me feel better that I will be seen. I'll be a nervous wreck on Friday for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment