Friday, August 9, 2013

Today

Today, I go in for my second blood drawing and by this afternoon I'll know if I have a viable pregnancy. To say I'm nervous is an understatement. Everything still feels like it should but, I've also started to trust my body less over the past year.

Yesterday, while shopping with my best friend who is due two weeks after my original due date (Pact Friend) I told her about the good news. She cried, and was so excited. She knows this hasn't been easy and I know she is genuinely happy. I'll be out of the first trimester the around the same day as her due date.

Last night we also went to dinner with my parents. I didn't tell them. Part of me feels guilty and part of me wanted to know for sure before saying anything. Plus, my mom has a tendency (although well meaning) to drive me crazy. I'm already nervous and stressed enough and don't want the extra pressure.

I know my mom will be mad we didn't tell her right away but hopefully my dad can explain it to her and calm her down. For now though, I'm just hoping I have something to tell her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment