Monday, August 26, 2013

7w2d

Well, morning/all day sickness has arrived! Last week, I threw up for the first time. I haven't stopped since then. Most of the time it starts out in the morning, and I throw up a couple of times, then I throw up again either in the afternoon or evening.

All this sickness has me thinking that this time really will be different. In January/February I felt great and never got sick. I've been a pukey person all my life so this should have been a giant red flag. I just thought I was one of those people who "felt great" the whole time. So while I don't love the feeling that I think Im going to constantly yak, it is somewhat comforting to know things are different. That and well my boobs, I need a bigger bra for sure. I'm waiting until Friday to go get that.

On Friday, we go for our next ultrasound. Hopefully, we will see something we haven't seen before, a heartbeat. If there isn't one, I don't think I'll ever trust my body again.

I'm being optimistic that there will be though. I've picked out maternity pants (not bought any yet) and am thinking about that new bra. Pants that were big on me earlier this summer, are getting tighter (thanks to being so bloated). Thank goodness I didn't get rid of any of my "fat kid clothes" from last year.

I'm also hoping Friday goes well because we have friends coming in town that night. If things go well we will tell them the good news, if they don't well, they might not want to be around me.  Eric is also really nervous, the mention of the ultrasound is enough to make him anxious.

Worrying won't help though so for now, I just have to stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment