This weekend, I made it through the seemingly impossible--- two baby showers, and visit with a pregnant friend and a baby.
The first shower was the more difficult of the two. It was for a friend due three days after I was supposed to be. The only other two friends of ours that came were two of my friends that are pregnant. I walked in with two big bumps and the baby talk and what's gone on in each of their pregnancies was the major topic of discussion.
The visit to see the friend's baby wasn't bad at all. The mom had a miscarriage and knows all my story and seeing her baby gives me hope.
The visit to see the pregnant friend was probably the second most difficult. She and her husband got pregnant right away and her bump although only 16 weeks along was already showing. She also volunteered to have me host her shower. At one point she complained about her belly band but she caught herself right away. She knows what happened but not the whole history.
Sunday's shower was another one filled with pregnant girls. I was so busy hosting at that one that I didn't have time to be upset.
I had a fear that my AF would come during the shower and I wasn't quite sure how I would be able to cope. Luckily, it didn't (and still hasn't).
Maybe why all these events weren't that bad (and no tears were shed) was because I'm optimistic that I could be pregnant too. I'll probably take a test tomorrow and we'll see what happens.
But for now, I made it though, something a few months ago I'm not sure would have been possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment