Friday, August 16, 2013

First Doctor's Appointment

Today, I had my first doctor's appointment.  I was so nervous going into it. I went to my new doctor's office and liked it much better from the start. They didn't have tons of people waiting to be seen, and the decor was fresher. We waited about 10 minutes and then a friendly nurse came in, she went over everything that would be happening that day. Another 5-10 minutes later the doctor came in and went over history and what to expect. Everything was very positive.

At the ultrasound, the doctor came in the room with us to explain what they were seeing, what was so refreshing. She answered questions we had and most importantly said everything was measuring well. It was too early to see a heartbeat or fetal pole, but she explained beforehand that that might be the case. I go back in two weeks to see everything again. The doctor seemed happy with how things were going, said my numbers looked good and everything measured how it should.

After the doctor I called my mom. She had been sitting by the phone and was very anxious.  While I understand this is nerve wrecking for her. I don't think she understands that when she says that to me and makes it all about her, it doesn't sit well with me.

Earlier, I told her she could  tell her two best friends after I went to the doctor. She asked about it again today and since Eric was in the car I asked him about it. He said "not yet". He's still upset that she told so many people after the first miscarriage. Eric basically told no one about it, I told a handful of close friends and my mom told probably 10  people. She had a "reason" she had to tell everyone but still, Eric really didn't like it. I understand why. He's a private person. My mom told not only her best friends but also several neighbors and people I don't even know.

Hopefully this time we wont have any need to worry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment