Today, I decided to give acupuncture another try. We went through all my history. I mean all of it, episodes of depression I had after I broke up with my college boyfriend, migraines when I was 6, we talked about it all.
It was kind of like therapy. It was good talking about everything. The accupuncture was painless. She burned herbs and poked me a little bit.
I left in a great mood.
As I was leaving I thought about calling a friend of mine that lived in the area I was in. She had a baby in February and since finding out she was pregnant last June our relationship has changed. She seems more negative. Everything about her baby and her life is a complaint. Instead of calling her I called Eric, we agreed I didn't need to ruin my good vibes with her bad ones.
Like most of my friends, she has no idea what is going on with me. Sometimes I wonder if her attitude would change if she did. Would she appreciate what she has more? With her, it probably wouldn't change anything.
I think of the nice things about talking to the acupuncturist was it was like talking to a friend but without the burden. When I tell my friends about what is going on I feel like it's a lot to handle. I think it's even more to handle because a lot of them have babies or are pregnant.
For now I'm going to go off this positive energy. My acupuncture lady seems optimistic too and that's the kind of energy I need around me !
No comments:
Post a Comment