Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Today, is Father's Day and once again we aren't celebrating. Well, we are celebrating with my dad but not with Eric. If this last one had stuck we'd be almost 7 weeks along. Instead, I'm peeing on sticks and hoping for the best for next month.

I still have hope that next year will be Eric's first father's day. We will celebrate with a newborn and the memories of the struggle to get there will be behind us.  I know my body can do this. I just know it can.

Last night we were at a wedding and this woman who was probably 30 weeks along was dancing up a storm. She had so much energy and looked fantastic. Eric was memorized by her (as were a lot of people). And I found myself getting jealous of her. Someone, I had no idea who she was but that she was pregnant and so full of life. Then he said, "I need to take a picture of this".

I held it together. 

And even though I know he didn't mean any harm, I just told him that we don't need pictures of random pregnant women.

I think he understood.

This whole struggle has been really hard on me/us. I'm surrounded by it now matter where I turn.

Last night before the wedding I had one drink and I had another once I got there. Since alcohol really intensifies my emotions I think it's best that I stay away from it. If I had a couple drinks in me when Eric said he wanted to take that picture I might have lost it. And that wouldn't have been good.

So, today on Father's Day I need to remember that our mother's and father's day will come soon and celebrate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment