Friday, May 17, 2013

Another Kind of Positive

Yesterday, we finally got a positive test. A positive ovulation test! My friend Amy had told me I'd know it was positive when I saw it and boy was she right!

The test was so reassuring. Last month I never saw one and so it felt good to finally have that little pee stick of confirmation. I still went for blood work today but I am fairly confident I am ovulating (just late in my cycle).

And while the positive test was exciting it's also put a little bit of a damper on things here. I of course want to BD all weekend to improve our chances but we've only had one successful time out of numerous attempts over the past few days. We can get started but just cant seem to finish. I've pulled out the lingerie, turned on music and done everything I can think of.

For years we've pretty much only had sex when my husband has come on to me. Now, that the tables are turned we are having some trouble achieving the end result we are looking for. I'm trying to be patient and I know he is starting to feel a little used and abused but today I actually got mad at him. Like, that I wasn't good enough, sexy enough or trying hard enough. The feeling sucked and we both left the conversation feeling deflated and beat down. It wasn't a good table.

Hopefully, things will turn soon. I'm thinking a day off and a bottle of wine might be just what we need...

No comments:

Post a Comment