Thursday, May 2, 2013

Happy Birthday to You

On my birthday one of my best friends told me she was pregnant. Three month's later, it's her birthday and she's still pregnant and I am not. For some reason, it's hitting me really really hard. Maybe it's because I thought April was going to be our month and that I too would be pregnant right now.

I'm so sad today. So, so sad. 

Sometimes I feel the only two emotions I have anymore are sadness and jealousy.  I'm jealous of friends with kids and REALLY jealous of friends that are pregnant. Today, I was on a college campus and couldn't help but to be jealous of the college girls, young, unafraid and not even thinking about the troubles that may lay ahead. I want to be that naive again.

I'm taking a lot of my frustrations out on my husband.  It's not his fault but I am having a hard time being nice to him. Maybe its because I want him to be more compassionate towards me. Or maybe I find that it's easiest to blame him.

I know that this is just the beginning and that once we are pregnant that things won't always go as planned and we will face other problems. I need to get over this "why me" attitude. I need to move on. And maybe I can't move on completely but today I need to stop being so sad, so jealous and so angry. Oh yeah, anger that's my other emotion.




No comments:

Post a Comment