Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It is a Roller Coaster

This month has been a roller coaster of emotions. From, getting my period early to it stopping suddenly and thinking it could mean I was pregnant, to go to the doctor and being told I might need medication to be told I hadn't ovulated to now being told I have.

This month, has been crazy. Apparently I am a late ovulater and so my first test on day 18 came back negative for ovulation. The news really upset me (especially since I had a positive OPK).  Luckily, my day 24 test came back positive for ovulation (even though at first the nurse didn't think I had).

While my doctor's office has been good, I don't think they always get the whole story and I find my research is what keeps me going. I knew that after a positive OPK I wouldn't ovulate for 24-36 hours and my progesterone wouldn't rise for another 4-5 days. Since I took the first test the day after my positive OPK there was no way to tell if I had ovulated yet.

I also know, that my last blood work being HCG negative doesnt mean I'm not pregnant. It was only 4-5 days after ovulation and it takes at least 6 to show up in bloodwork. I actually shouldn't have even been tested for HCG.

So, now I am still playing the waiting game. If my cycle stayed the same as last time I would have gotten my AF on Saturday, if it went up to 28 it would have come yesterday. The only thing I have so far is a white discharge. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but at the same time I know it could also mean I am pregnant. Tomorrow, I'll take my first test. If that's negative I'll try again on Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment